One of the critical pieces in the this year’s election is to restore a Democratic majority to the Executive Council. This somewhat obscure, but critically important, political body has significant impact on the direction of our State (EC Background/History)
A Democratic Council with a Democratic Governor will help move our state forward. As a defensive play, a Democratic Council with Republican governor will help to keep things in check.
Obviously we are all working towards the former, but the later is important to keep in mind as well.
The NH Executive Council is where:
- The crusade against Planned Parenthood was kicked-off in New Hampshire last summer when the Council voted to defund birth control pills and other preventive health care for thousands
- Partisan opposition successfully halted the study of passenger rail from Boston to Concord this winter
- Close-minded ideology has eroded our consumer protections and stopped efforts to help our businesses find cheaper health insurance.
- All appointments of judges, state agency heads, members of state board and commissions, and all significant state contracts are voted on.
We have great candidates for this important legislative body
- District 2- I’m supporting Colin Van Ostern. A smart, politically shrewd, and outspoken defender of reproductive rights. As a young father you know he will keep the next generation in mind as he makes decisions. Website | Donate
- District 3: Bill Duncan is a businessman, Navy veteran, and public education advocate running to represent the Seacoast and Southern Tier. Website | Donate
- District 4: Chris Pappas is co-owner of the Puritan Backroom restaurant, former Treasurer of Hillsborough Co, and is running to represent Greater Manchester and Eastern Merrimack Co. Website |Donate
- District 5: Deb Pignatelli is a former Executive Councilor and State Senator running to represent Greater Nashua , Eastern Cheshire and the Souhegan Valley again in the State House. Website |Donate
Please consider a small donation to one or more of these great candidates and remember to spread the word to your friends and neighbors about in importance of the Executive Council.
(Post inspired from Colin’s eMail Blast today)