NH House Leader (As seen on PBS NewsHour)

Terrie Norelli tells it like it is.

I hear that recruitment of Democratic House candidates went very well.

If you are a candidate for the NH House, or know one, please use this thread to promote your Act Blue Link/Website/Twitter/Facebook or what have you.

9 Responses to NH House Leader (As seen on PBS NewsHour)

1. Chaz Proulx July 4, 2012 at 4:46 am #
  2. Lucy Weber July 4, 2012 at 5:41 am #

The NH Committee to Elect House Democrats Facebook page linked above has an Act Blue button for donations.  CEHD has been holding ongoing fundraisers so we can support NH House candidates, but more is needed. All donations are gratefully accepted.  Bill O’Brien and his cronies are raising a ton of money for their candidates.   We have a great group of incumbents, former House members and new candidates running for the NH House.  Many of those who have run before are running in districts which have been reconfigured, so they must work harder to get their names out in the new districts.

My district is a great example.  Walpole used to be part of a three member, seven town, horseshoe shaped district that curved around the northern and northeastern boundary of Cheshire County.  Over the last six years, I got to know those six other towns pretty well.  I thought the district couldn’t get any more difficult, and certainly couldn’t get any larger, given the constitutional amendment of 2006 that I thought guaranteed Walpole a Rep. of its own.

I was wrong.  Walpole is now joined three other towns running north south along the Connecticut River from Sullivan County to the Massachusetts border.  The district has a larger population than my old district, so there are four Reps.  And three of the four towns should have been in single town single Rep. districts, but they aren’t.  There’s a lot to learn about those three new towns in a short time.

Many other districts have undergone similar changes.  Please take the time to figure out your district, and who is running, and give them a hand any way you can.  The national and statewide campaigns are important, but what happens in the NH State House has the potential to affect your life the most.

And BTW, thanks to all of you for all the support you have given us beleagered House Dems over these past two years.

3. Jennifer Daler July 4, 2012 at 5:47 am #

I have to get the word out, and that will cost money. A lot of money. Not being one of the 1% or anywhere near it, I rely on campaign contributions.

My ActBlue page.

You can also be a Facebook fan of Jennifer Daler for NH House.

Thank you!

4. JonnyBBad July 4, 2012 at 7:08 pm #

as many here know I am a purveyor of all things campaign…we have a group discount program going for the House Caucus…with 12-15 folks ordering signs together it lowers cost and freight for all…unlike my competition, I am the only one in the game who not only sports a Union bug, but also ONLY sells to Democrats. To the rest its just the sign biz. To me,we need to keep prices as low as possible to hit the most doors. Peace.

5. Lucy Edwards July 5, 2012 at 12:57 am #

whose town actually got its own district.  However, the Republican candidate has no record, not having been involved in town or state affairs that I know of, although he gets most of the town road contracts. Kyle Tasker, former resident of Northwood,  is running at large from the district that includes Nottingham, where he lives now, Deerfield and Candia. And Maureen Mann will run for the flotarial district that includes all the towns in the old Rockingham 1.  She is facing the winner of the primary between Harriet Cady and Don Gorman.  That one should be fascinating.

You can donate to me at my ActBlue campaign link or at my Facebook page.  Needless to say, it would be much appreciated.

6. pberch July 5, 2012 at 1:52 am #

I appreciate Mike putting this diary up for the benefit of candidates.

My name is Paul Berch. I am from Westmoreland and am running for the House in the new Cheshire-01 supersized District, about which Lucy Weber has written. It includes Walpole, Westmoreland, Chesterfield and Hinsdale. It is a 4 Rep District and I have the honor of running with Lucy Weber, Tara Sad and Bill Butynski. Some of you may be familiar with my contributions to Blue Hampshire, as well as LTE’s to the Keene Sentinel.

I would appreciate greatly each and every contribution to my campaign – and, if you are located in this District, a contribution of energy would be even more helpful.

For those willing to contribute money, there are two easy ways to do so – assuming I have the electronics figured out.

First, a link to my ActBlue page. I have linked to the directory page for me. Directions should be simple.

Second is a link to my Facebook campaign page, “Paul Berch for State House”. There is an ActBlue button near the top, and a place to “like”. I am not sure if you have to “friend” me first on my regular “Paul Berch” FB page, but feel free to do so.

Many thanks,
    Paul

7. Lucy Weber July 5, 2012 at 11:10 pm #

I’m not as fast as Paul, but I now have an ActBlue account as well, as does Tara Sad.  Any donation made to any of us would be a great help to all.  And I know you are all spreading the word about your local candidates and helping them in any way you can.  Thank you.

8. nhveedub July 6, 2012 at 3:36 pm #

My name is Aaron Gill, and I’m running for State Rep in Hillsborough County, floterial district 39, covering Deering, Goffstown and Weare.

Like many of you, I have been shocked over the past two years with the activities taking place in the House. I’m running to bring common sense, NH pragmatism, and basic decency back to Concord. I know I will represent my district, and NH, better than my opponent has, current State Rep and Free State Project member Mark Warden (R)-Goffstown.

I have a campaign website: NHGill.com. Please visit to learn more about my campaign, and the voting record of Mr. Warden.

My Twitter feed is pretty active @ Gill4NHStateRep