Kindergarten Causes Increase in Crime Rate

State Rep and House Candidate Bob Kingsbury is out with a doozey. As reported in the Laconia Daily Sun

Representative Bob Kingsbury said he’s been working on a theory since 1996, when he analyzed local crime rates and compared them to a list of communities that offered public kindergarten. Then, he told his colleagues, Laconia offered kindergarten and had the highest rates of crime. Meanwhile, surrounding towns, some of which didn’t offer kindergarten, had less crime.

It’s a theory…

, ,

25 Responses to Kindergarten Causes Increase in Crime Rate

1. Mike Hoefer June 27, 2012 at 7:11 pm #

Vegetables cause Heart Disease?

• Rep. Jim Splaine June 27, 2012 at 7:46 pm #

…that people who eat and exercise regularly, breathe, and have a heart beat will die.  There is much science on that, and overwhelming statistics.  I wonder if the good rep. knows that and will use that information on deciding his future votes.

• mevansnh June 27, 2012 at 9:09 pm #

where it says that in the bible?

• GreyMike June 27, 2012 at 9:25 pm #
          • susanthe June 28, 2012 at 4:59 am #

if Intro to Magna Carta were taught in kindergarten, Rep. Kingsbury would be all about it.

2. Rep. Jim Splaine June 27, 2012 at 7:42 pm #

…can confuse little brains.

• beverlywoods June 28, 2012 at 8:04 am #

Lyrics here.

• susanthe June 28, 2012 at 5:34 pm #

Now I know where my moral compass broke down. Not only did I go to kindergarten – I went to kindergarten in MASSACHUSETTS.

3. Kathy Sullivan 2 June 27, 2012 at 7:44 pm #

It is a well known fact that every human being who has ever died was living prior to death. Coincidence? I think not!

4. susaninrindge June 27, 2012 at 8:03 pm #
  5. Lucy Edwards June 27, 2012 at 8:26 pm #

but they would have had to make an exception for Rep. Kingsbury.

• Elin Phinizy June 27, 2012 at 9:46 pm #

as the mother of a son who did flunk kindergarten*  He went on to get a degree from UNH and, as far as I know, has never been in jail.

*He couldn’t cut in  straight line or tie his shoelaces.

• TimothyHorrigan June 28, 2012 at 4:22 am #

I had to repeat Kindergarten.  I was one of the youngest kids in my class the first time and one of the oldest the second time around.  I  turned out OK.

6. susaninrindge June 27, 2012 at 9:18 pm #
    • hannah June 27, 2012 at 9:26 pm #

Some people do not exist, unless their existence is recognized by someone else.
      That’s why the refusal to recognize Barack Obama’s birth certificate is so important.

7. GreyMike June 27, 2012 at 9:20 pm #

and one of my major environmental concerns, DHMO.

I’m sure I could find someone in this legislature that would file a bill based on the clear research in this area.

8. Kathy Sullivan 2 June 27, 2012 at 9:26 pm #

I went to kindergarten – I still have my “Doctor of Rhymes” diploma.

Should I turn myself in to the authorities?

• GreyMike June 27, 2012 at 9:35 pm #

does that make it OK? Does Buffaloed Bob have any research on that?

• Kathy Sullivan 2 June 27, 2012 at 9:49 pm #

You should turn yourself in, too, otherwise you may suddenly develop an urge to rob a bank, or perhaps jay walk repeatedly.

• GreyMike June 27, 2012 at 9:54 pm #

went to the same kindergarten – now what? Shall I make a citizen’s arrest?

• Kathy Sullivan 2 June 27, 2012 at 10:59 pm #
          • Ray Buckley June 28, 2012 at 12:46 am #

“Everything I need to know I learned in kindergarten”

I wonder if he knows that “kindergarten” means child garden in German, we all know how confused he gets when folks use German words. Somehow he will make into some WWII plot…

9. tchair June 27, 2012 at 10:34 pm #

Molly had a term she used WHOMPER JAWED

What on earth does bob Kingsbury think ?…and it took 16 years??????

10. Kathy Sullivan 2 June 28, 2012 at 1:09 am #

We can all have fun at Kingsbury’s expense, but for me the bigger story is that Ovide Lamontagne had a chance to break with Kingsbury on this, but instead babbled on about people being free to have an opinion. It is beyond belief that the leading GOP candidate for governor refused to take a position on an issue which is a no brainer.

For two years we have had a legislative majority that was elected by stealth – no one knew that this team of free staters, tea partiers and just plain fringe cases was planning to turn our state into a right wing social experiment, attacking women, education, workers, the environment. We can’t afford a governor who is trying to keep his equally fringe views under the radar.

So, if you see Ovide, ask him this question: did he go to kindergarten? And if the answer is yes, ask him if has committed any felonies lately.

11. Tim C. June 28, 2012 at 2:39 am #